Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bolt from the Blue

Life sometime hits you with a bolt from the blue. I was in court about an hour ago, wondering if yet another client was going to quit on me (which she did) when I got a call on my cell phone from my brother, Boyd, in Colorado. I thought, "What the heck is this about?" (I do not have much contact with Boyd- no further comment here) He informed me that he'd received a call from our brother, Bruce, that Bruce's eldest son had just taken his own life. I never had much contact with Bruce or with my nephew, so I have *no* idea what brought this on. I certainly feel sorry for my sister-in-law, who is a very fine lady. I phoned my father for my usual daily check-in call, and of course, made no mention of what had happened. Who would imagine that a 94 year old man who outlive his college age grandson? It is a very sad situation.


No comments: