Friday, June 19, 2009

Left-Handed Studies

James Garfield, Harry S Truman, Bill Clinton, George Herbert Walker Bush, Ross Perot and Barack Obama all are left-handed. Tell me, is there any such thing as left-handed politics? Do these men have anything else in common?

I’ll be the first one to admit that I do not know everything there is to know about human sexuality. I certainly do not remember the day I decided that I found women attractive and men…well, not so much. In recent years, gay activists have raised the issue of whether not not sexuality is a choice. Is it something innate, just like being left-handed. I tend to support this view. It would be counterproductive and cruel to force a southpaw to be a righty. Furthermore, more guys who are interested in one another, the more women who are available for me.

I take the attitude of “live and let live.” If it’s innate, it seems patently absurd that gay activists try to promote gay history or gay studies.

No comments: