Thursday, September 9, 2010

Half a Head of Lettuce at Columbus Ohio.

Have you ever heard the story of a guy who always talked himself in to trouble, but could always talk his way out? He was working as a clerk in a grocery store when a customer asked him for the price on half a head of lettuce. “I don’t know,” replied the clever clerk, “I’ll go find out.” He walked to the back of the story unaware that the shopper was following close behind. He asked the manager, “Some idiot wants to know how much for half a head of lettuce.” He then looked behind him, saw the customer standing there, and finished, “and this fine gentleman would like to purchase the other half.”


Later, the manager said “I’m impressed with how you handled that. We’re going to be opening up a new store in the chain. Would you be interested in being a manager in the new store?” “That depends on where the store is located,” replied the clerk. “The store’s going to be in Columbus, Ohio.” “Columbus Ohio? Nothing comes out of Columbus but hookers and football players.”

…….silence….. dead sllence.

“I’ll have you know that my mother my daughter and my wife all come from Columbus, Ohio,” snorted the manager.

“Great!” said the clerk, “What positions do they play?”

No comments: