Friday, May 29, 2009

Liberals and Light Bulbs

Question: how many liberals does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer: Even if you gave them a century and a half, all the liberals in the world could never change a single light bulb. Because if *we* change *our* light bulbs, the Russians/Chinese/North Koreans/whoever will just change *their* light bulbs and who knows *where* it will end?

I hear the UN Security Council was called into emergency session. Oh whoa! Back in 1967, at the age of 11, I watched the UN Security Council debates in the aftermath of the Six Day War, and rapidly came to the conclusion that the UN was a waste of time. Nothing has happened the the last 42 years to change my mind.

I disagree with Dick Morris on one point- that there is no military option. Not necessarily so, but I think it is extremely unlikely Obama has the cojones to ask Congress for authorization for use of force against North Korea. This is a very bad situation, which is almost certain to get dramatically worse. Right now, North Korea has a handful of nukes and very limited means to deliver them. The US has several thousand nukes and all kinds of means to deliver them. I'd say to North Korea, disarm completely, or else launch a preemptive strike. I realize some will call me alarmist. Well, I'd say in the next ten years it's better than 50/50 that we'll lose an American city to a smuggled nuke.

Kent

P.S. Plenty of blame to share between Clinton and Bush 43. Of course a great many people would rather fix the blame than fix the problem.

No comments: