Monday, September 14, 2009

Dear Prudence’s Advice on Brassieres

I frequently read the “Dear Prudence” column on Slate (www.slate.com), Recently, a fellow wrote in complaining that his girlfriend had been wearing the same brassiere for over a week and it was grossing him out. As I read that, I thought that as fond as I am of brassieres, I have zero experience wearing them. So I have no useful opinion of how long a woman should wear the same bra. It did, however, occur to me that if a guy is grossed out by his girlfriend’s failure to change her bra, there is a very simple solution: take her to Victoria’s Secret and buy her anything she wants.

I guess I’m just as intrigued by female lingerie (my collaborator points out that this should just read “lingerie,” as there is no male lingerie. I suppose he’s right, but if he’s not, I don’t want to hear about it.) I wouldn’t say that brassieres are the best things in the world. However, they are very close to the best things in the world.

No comments: