Monday, September 14, 2009

Meeting Katie Feenstra

As long as I can remember, I’ve always had a thing for statuesque, athletic women. A couple years ago, I had the rare treat when the WNBA team when the Detroit Shock and the Washington Mystics played an exhibition game here in Columbus. The Shock’s center is a young lady named Katie Feenstra. She is a nice-looking lady who happens to be six feet, eight inches tall. In the crowd after the game, I couldn’t help but notice that Katie’s parents were in attendance. Katie’s mom is six-four and her dad is at least seven feet tall. I’m not much for asking for autographs, but I did get to compliment Katie on playing a good game. I couldn’t pass up the chance to tell Mrs. Feenstra that her daughter gives a whole new meaning to the term, “Every inch a lady.”

I’m happy to report that Mrs. Feenstra has a very nice smile.

No comments: