Friday, November 28, 2008

Rachel Getting Married

Dear Friends, Back in September, 1991, I attended the wedding of Jean, a dear friend from law school. She wore a orange (?) dress and we had carrot cake at the reception. Not everybody does things that way, but, hey, Jean is Jean, and she does things *her* *way*. No problemo. Anyhow, last night, I went to see "Rachel Getting Married". Anne Hathaway plays a woman who gets out of rehab to attend the wedding of her sister Rachel (played by Rosemarie DeWitt, my favorite- I hope she wins an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress.)


Anyhow, Rachel and her fiance Sydney have chosen to put on a wedding with an Asiatic Indian motif- the bridesmaids are dressed in purple saris (I thought, OK, it's the bride's day- kinda like Jean to the Nth power) and the wedding cake is *blue* with a huge blue elephant on top.


At that moment, I let out a perhaps inappropriate cackle. I kinda expected Anne Hathaway's character to let out a blood-curdling scream, and shriek "GET ME BACK TO REHAB! I'VE NEVER TRIPPED THIS BAD! I"M SEEING A BIG BLUE ELEPHANT ON THE WEDDING CAKE! AAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!


Seriously, it is a fine film and I highly recommend it.


No comments: