Sunday, April 5, 2009

At the Ohio Supreme Court

The Ohio Supreme Court building is located in downtown Columbus on Front Street. Whenever I go down there, I have to go through what must be the most sensitive metal detector in the state of Ohio. I do not like that BEEEEEEEEEE sound *one* *bit*. One day, I got my photo ID, emptied my change, keys and pens into the tray, and stepped through.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
So I took off my watch and stepped through. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
So I took off my *shoes* and stepped through BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
So I took off my *belt* and stepped through...
*Finally*, no BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

When I was finished re-dressing myself, I said to the female State Highway Patrolman behind the counter, "I do all that and you're not going to even slip *one* dollar bill into my waistband?" That gal had *no* sense of humor- she didn't even crack a smile.

No comments: